Friday, January 17, 2014

Going Home!

Well, as of now I am free to go home tomorrow!  I was a little nervous going into this week thinking that things would start to happen and I wouldn't be able to go home, but so far so good. The bloodwork I had this week was to test my liver function because I have been extremely itchy, but my bile acids came back in the normal range so they figure that it is just the pregnancy making me itch.  They checked the fluid levels around the babies again today and those looked good and they also checked me for dilation.  I am currently dilated between 3 and 4 centimeters so a little bit of a change from the last time, but nothing big enough to keep me here! As long as I don't go into labor tonight and the babies look good on the monitoring tomorrow morning, we should be headed home before noon!

I am extremely excited to go home, but a little nervous also.  We will be going to appointments in Bellingham twice a week to monitor the babies and meet with doctors, but other than that I will be down on the couch for hopefully another couple weeks.  I have an appointment scheduled for Monday to talk with my Doctor so we will see what she has to say about delivery.  As of now, the longest I will be able to go would be 37 weeks which is February 8th.  Some doctors don't allow twins that share a placenta to go past 36 weeks so that may change, but right now our goal is February 8th.

A few things I am excited for when I get home are:
1) See my dogs!  It has been almost 10 weeks since I have seen them so hopefully they remember me.
2) Not eat anymore hospital food
3) Sleep in my own bed
4) Watch the Seahawks game on a bigger TV
5) Eat a big Bob's Burger!  This will be happening tomorrow night!

We would really appreciated prayers that tonight and tomorrow morning go smoothly and the plan stays for going home tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment