Saturday, January 4, 2014

32 Weeks!

WE DID IT!  We made our big goal of 32 weeks.  If the babies were born at this point, they should do pretty well, but would have to spend some time in the NICU.  We would like to avoid the NICU so we are praying for a few more weeks pregnant.  The doctors this week were still talking about sending me home at 34 weeks as long as everything stays stable so we are very encouraged by that.  They would like me to get out of bed and start walking around a little bit more these next two weeks.  They know that when I go home, I won't be down as much as I am here so they want to be sure that me walking a little bit more does not make me dilate.

Everything stayed the same this week minus the fact I got my first stretch mark :(.  My contractions are still normal and the doctor did say that at this gestational age, most women will now start to be getting contractions.  I just need to keep an eye on them and make sure they do not become consistent or more intense.  I had a fluid check this week as well and both fluid levels are really good.  They will continue to do fluid checks weekly and our next big ultrasound is Monday the 13th.

Both babies are doing great too!  I think they are running out of room because they aren't moving quite as much as they have been.  It is nice being in the hospital because if I don't feel them moving as much, I can be hooked up to the monitor to make sure every thing is fine.  Being able to do this really calms my nerves and will be quite the change when I go home.

Here is my belly today at 32 Weeks!  I feel like I am getting bigger day by day!


Although we are very anxious and ready to meet these babies, we know that they need to stay cooking a few more weeks.  We ask for prayers that they stay in me and that I am able to go home in two weeks.  All of the doctors and nurses here are awesome and we would love to have them deliver the babies, but being able to deliver in Bellingham closer to our friends and family would be even better. 

2 comments:

  1. So hoping & praying you can come home before the babies come! Have registered anywhere online?






    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news!! We keep on praying......

    ReplyDelete