Monday, December 23, 2013

Six Weeks Down!

Once again I have been asked to post more baby bump pictures. Here I am today at 30 weeks and 2 days. I feel like I have gotten huge and a lot more uncomfortable just over the last couple of weeks. All of the extra belly weight has put a lot of strain on my back too so physical therapy was in today to go over some stretches I can do to help that so hopefully they work.  



We also had a formal ultrasound today to see how the babies are growing.  We were definitely surprised with how big they have gotten.  Last growth ultrasound was three weeks ago and Baby A was 2lbs 4oz and Baby B was 2 lbs 10 oz.  Today, Baby A is up to 3lbs 9oz and Baby B is 4lbs 2oz! Baby A is considered in the 50th percentile while Baby B is in the 70th percentile.  Although these are only estimated measurements, we are very encouraged with how big they are.  The doctors had not seen the ultrasound report yet, but they had looked at the pictures and by the pictures they thought everything looked just fine.  They will be back in the morning to go over the full ultrasound with us.

Today also marks 6 weeks since I have been here.  Over the weekend, Dillon and I were able to talk to the doctor about the rest of our stay here.  As long as I stay stable, I should be able to go home on bedrest at 34 weeks.  At that point Bellingham would be able to deliver the twins safely if I were to go into labor.  We still have 4 weeks to get to that point so we are not getting our hopes up, but it is another good goal for me to shoot for.  It would be really nice to go home for a little bit before they are born.

Although 34 weeks would be huge, we still ask for prayers that we can atleast get to that 32 week mark!

1 comment:

  1. Honey that is great and you look great and merry Christmas honey
    love you Grandpa Sid

    ReplyDelete