Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday, December 9th

Today we had an ultrasound to check the fluid levels of both babies.  Since I am on ibuprofen, one of the risks is that the fluid levels go down.  Both fluid levels were still in the normal range but have gone down quite a bit since last week. For tonight, they have kept me on the ibuprofen, but we will re-evaluate again tomorrow and determine a plan.  If I do not go off the ibuprofen tomorrow, I will for sure be off of it by next week. After a certain point, the ibuprofen can start to affect the babies kidneys and urine output so they want me off by 30 weeks.  Also, the doctors do not feel that by going off the ibuprofen I will go into labor so that is a good thing.

On my monitoring this morning, Baby B had two drops in heart rate.  Rather than my normal 20 minute monitoring, I was kept on for an hour and a half just to make sure everything was fine.  My monitoring has always been really good so the doctors were not too concerned about the drops.  They figure the babies umbilical cord had maybe got kicked or slightly pinched, which the doctors assured me was completely normal.   For a little peace of mind, I asked to go back on the monitors tonight and everything looked great. No more drops in heart rate!

As we decide on a plan for ibuprofen tomorrow, we ask for prayers that we make the right decision as to when to quit taking it. Both Dillon and I are nervous that by going off of it, these babies might decide to make their appearance, but we also do not want to harm them in any way.


1 comment:

  1. Yay for blogs!! Well done :) so good to see you last week, hope to pop in again before January 22. We pray every day for your precious family.

    ReplyDelete