Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Eventful Night

Last night was a little more exciting than it has been down here in awhile.  I went off my ibuprofen Sunday at midnight and have noticed that i was contracting a little more often, but the contractions were not getting painful and they weren't consistent so I was not too concerned.  Last night my contractions started coming every ten minutes apart which was not normal for me.  The nurse decided to hook me up to the monitor to make sure the babies looked fine through the contractions.  Both babies looked great, but I was still contracting every ten minutes.  The nurse was going to talk to the doctors and see what she thought and before I knew it, the doctor was in here with an ultrasound machine to make sure both babies were still head down just in case I was in labor.  Both babies were head down, which is what we want when I do go into labor.  She then decided to check for dilation.  My last check I believe was two weeks ago and I was at 3 cm.  Last night, even after all the contractions, I was still at 3cm!  The contractions I was having were not changing my cervix in any way.  It was about 11:30 pm after they were done checking and since the babies looked great and I was feeling the contractions the monitor was picking up, I was able to come off the monitors and was told just to keep track of contractions. They were not too concerned about me going into labor last night, but wanted to know if anything changed and if so, they wanted to check me again.  The contractions started to space out a little more and although I didn't sleep very well, I was able to fall asleep. Today has been a little more quiet. I am still contracting more than I was last week, but the doctors have said that this is probably my new normal without having the ibuprofen in me all day long.

We also had a fluid check yesterday. They typically do not do another fluid check after going off ibuprofen, but they could tell that I was a little nervous about the fluid so they offered to do one.  Both fluid levels were in the normal range.  The doctor who did the ultrasound was very encouraged by how both babies looked on the ultrasound and just by looking could tell that they have definitely grown since she did the last ultrasound!  Our next formal growth ultrasound is on Monday and I am very anxious to see how much they weigh now!

No comments:

Post a Comment